ic-stocks.com - LingCheng Electronic Components Ltd -Electronic Components Distributor
Xilinx® 7 series FPGAs comprise four FPGA families that address the complete range of system requirements, ranging from low cost, small form factor, cost-sensitive, high-volume applications to ultra high-end connectivity bandwidth, logic capacity, and signal processing capability for the most demanding high-performance applications. The 7 series FPGAs include:
• Spartan®-7 Family: Optimized for low cost, lowest power, and high I/O performance. Available in low-cost, very small form-factor packaging for smallest PCB footprint.
• Artix®-7 Family: Optimized for low power applications requiring serial transceivers and high DSP and logic throughput. Provides the lowest total bill of materials cost for high-throughput, cost-sensitive applications.
• Kintex®-7 Family: Optimized for best price-performance with a 2X improvement compared to previous generation, enabling a new class of FPGAs.
• Virtex®-7 Family: Optimized for highest system performance and capacity with a 2X improvement in system performance. Highest capability devices enabled by stacked silicon interconnect (SSI) technology.
Built on a state-of-the-art, high-performance, low-power (HPL), 28 nm, high-k metal gate (HKMG) process technology, 7 series FPGAs enable an unparalleled increase in system performance with 2.9 Tb/s of I/O bandwidth, 2 million logic cell capacity, and 5.3 TMAC/s DSP, while consuming 50% less power than previous generation devices to offer a fully programmable alternative to ASSPs and ASICs.
Summary of 7 Series FPGA Features
• Advanced high-performance FPGA logic based on real 6-input lookup table (LUT) technology configurable as distributed memory.
• 36 Kb dual-port block RAM with built-in FIFO logic for on-chip data buffering.
• High-performance SelectIO™ technology with support for DDR3 interfaces up to 1,866 Mb/s.
• High-speed serial connectivity with built-in multi-gigabit transceivers from 600 Mb/s to maximum rates of 6.6 Gb/s up to 28.05 Gb/s, offering a special low-power mode, optimized for chip-to-chip interfaces.
• A user configurable analog interface (XADC), incorporating dual 12-bit 1MSPS analog-to-digital converters with on-chip thermal and supply sensors.
• DSP slices with 25 x 18 multiplier, 48-bit accumulator, and pre-adder for high-performance filtering, including optimized symmetric coefficient filtering.
• Powerful clock management tiles (CMT), combining phase-locked loop (PLL) and mixed-mode clock manager (MMCM) blocks for high precision and low jitter.
• Integrated block for PCI Express® (PCIe), for up to x8 Gen3 Endpoint and Root Port designs.
• Wide variety of configuration options, including support for commodity memories, 256-bit AES encryption with HMAC/SHA-256 authentication, and built-in SEU detection and correction.
• Low-cost, wire-bond, lidless flip-chip, and high signal integrity flipchip packaging offering easy migration between family members in the same package. All packages available in Pb-free and selected packages in Pb option.
• Designed for high performance and lowest power with 28 nm, HKMG, HPL process, 1.0V core voltage process